Shampoos, they might be the best remedy to get rid of dandruff. The problem is that you can’t use it more than twice a week. Actually, it’s recommended that you don’t use it for more than once a week. It does cleanse your hairs but at the cost of the strength of your hairs. Applying oil can be a better way to get dandruff free hairs. Let’s see how.
In this article, we’ll look at the way in which oils can be used to get rid of dandruff. Well, there’s a proper way to apply oil to your hairs. First, we’ll look at the oils which can help you out. After that, we’ll look at the procedure that is common for every oil. Let’s dive right in.
1. Coconut oil.
- Just pour some coconut oil in your palms.
- Now apply it thoroughly on your head. Massage it gently.
- Make sure that the hair reaches the roots and the scalp. Our aim is to reach the deepest.
- Wait for 10 minutes for the hair roots to absorb the oil.
- It would be good if you stand out in the sunlight.
- Now, take a comb and use it as a scrub to remove dandruff.
- You’ll see dandruff falling on your shoulders.
- Scrub for 15 minutes and then take a shower after that.
- When done on a regular basis, this would show effective results in a month.
2. Olive oil.
- In this remedy, you should thoroughly apply extra virgin olive oil on your hairs.
- The oil should reach the roots and the scalp as it’s very important for the roots to absorb the oil.
- It would take about 10-15 minutes for the oil to be absorbed by the roots.
- Now take a shower with any herbal shampoo. Make sure that you don’t use chemical based ones.
- Pat your head dry with a towel.
- Now it’s time to apply some Aloe
Vera gel. Cut fresh Aloe Vera leaves and extract the gel.
- Make sure to apply fresh gel only. Don’t store the gel for future use. In case, you want to store it, just use a refrigerator.
- Now apply the gel for about 10-15 minutes and wait for the skin to absorb it.
- Now, wash it off with cold water to get a refreshing feel.
3. Lavender Essential Oil
- Lavender essential oil is one of the best ones to get rid of dandruff. It’s strong and needs to be used along with coconut oil in order to get the best results.
- Pour some coconut oil in your palms and add 2-3 drops of lavender oil.
- Now apply it thoroughly so that even the roots and the scalp gets proper oil.
- After applying the oil, get some sunlight. Go out in the sun for 15-20 minutes.
- After that, use a comb to scrub off all dandruff. Scrub for about 5 minutes.
- Now wash your hairs with a herbal shampoo. Don’t use a chemical based one.
- After washing your hairs, apply a small amount of coconut oil with a few drops of lavender oil just for moisturizing.