A healthy and glowing skin looks attractive. Every one of us is not blessed with a flawless, smooth, clear and light complexion that makes us look beautiful. It is better to use a natural ingredient like lemon if you want to brighten your skin overnight.
- Take one lemon and cut it in half.
- Squeeze half lemon and take out the juice in a bowl.
- Clean your face and tap it dry beforehand to remove any dirt.
- Now apply this lemon juice on your face, under eye and neck area.
- Take the other half of lemon and gently rub and massage it on the required area for five minutes.
- Leave it to dry overnight.
- Wash with normal water in the morning.
How it works:
Lemon juice is enriched with Vitamin C which is an anti-oxidant. It also contains Alpha hydroxyl acid that helps in removing dull or dead skin cells and generating new cells. Vitamin C and Citric Acid work together to brighten the skin if kept overnight.
Lemon Juice and Almond Oil Mask
- Take one tsp of lemon juice and two tsp of pure almond oil. The ratio is 1:2.
- Put both mixtures in a bowl and mix it well.
- Apply it on your face, under your eyes and neck region.
- Massage for a few minutes.
- Dab off the excess using a tissue paper.
- Let it dry for a few minutes.
- Now leave it overnight and go to sleep.
- Wash it in the morning with normal tap water.
How it works:
Lemon is a natural cleanser as its acidic nature helps in exfoliating the skin. It lightens blemishes, dark spots and also pigmentation. Its lightening properties help in improving the skin texture. Almond oil, on the other hand, is known to brighten the skin. Mixing it together creates a wonderful mask that will help in brightening the skin overnight.
Lemon Juice, Rose Water, and Glycerin Face Mask
- Take equal amount of glycerin, rose water and lemon juice.
- Mix it in a bowl.
- Take a cotton ball and soak it in the mixture.
- Apply it on your face and neck. Take care of the eye area and apply under it leaving a small gap around the eyes.
- Massage it with your fingertips for few minutes and leave it overnight.
- Wash it away in the morning with normal tap water.
How It Works:
Lemon juice is a natural bleaching agent, a cleanser, and an Exfoliator that helps to lighten the skin, promote skin elasticity and remove dry and dead cells. Rose water is enriched with anti-inflammatory properties that act as a cleanser and removes dirt from the clogged pores. It brightens the skin giving it a healthy look. Glycerin is a humectant and is used for softening the skin and giving it a fresh look. A combination of all three ingredients will help the skin to brighten and look great if used overnight.
Lemon juice has some amazing properties that help in lightening the pigmentation and brightening the skin if kept overnight. Friends, a word of caution, please take a simple test by applying it on the skin for few minutes before keeping it overnight because lemon is highly acidic by nature.