Homemade Honey Face Wash
Honey is considered as food for the gods. This liquid gold is very beneficial when it comes to skin care. Even the chemical based cosmetic companies use this ingredient as one of the basic one for making their skin care products. In this article we’ll look at how to make a homemade face wash using honey. we’ll make sure to improve the shelf life so that you can make your own face wash and store it for long term usage just like the own you might be using. Let’s dive right in.
For this remedy, you’ll need a very special Manuka Honey. Please don’t use any honey to make it. Most of the honey sold outside the ones with preservatives that are for consumption. Manuka Honey is the purest form of honey with less or no preservatives. Do buy it from an authentic store only. The best option is to buy it on-line form a good seller.
- Now in a bowl, just pour some Manuka honey and add 1/2 tbsp of cinnamon powder. Now mix the contents of the bowl properly using a spoon. Make sure that the powder mixes well with the honey.
- Add one tbsp. of lemon juice. The juice would form a layer as soon as you pour it in the bowl. Make sure that the juice and honey mixes well.
- Now wait for 5 minutes.
- Add 2 drops of organic lavender essential. In order to make sure that the face wash is effective, do buy from an authentic store. It would be better if you buy it on-line as the purity of the oil would matter.
- Now mix all the contents of the bowl using a spoon. If you find it difficult to mix, just use a motorized blender for the purpose.
- In case the honey is very dense, it’s recommended that you use a motorized blender for the purpose.
- You may use Aloe Vera gel (2 scoops) but it’s recommended to be used only if your skin is oily. In case of dry and normal types, there’s no use of adding Aloe Vera gel.
- Also, if you are using Aloe Vera gel, use only freshly extracted gel. The purity of the gel would be affecting the effectiveness of the face wash.
- Now once all the ingredients are mixed properly, just let the mixture to be left for 15-20 minutes.
- Your face wash is ready. You can also prepare it in bulk and store it in a refrigerator. This face wash contains no added preservatives and refrigeration is the only way of increasing the shelf life.
- It’s recommended that you prepare fresh face wash once a week at max.
- Now just apply it on your face and massage gently.
- Make sure that you massage with it for 5-10 minutes before washing it off.
- Now, if your skin is of oily type, just apply some Aloe Vera gel after drying your face.
- If your skin is of dry type, just apply some coconut oil after washing your face.
- Using this remedy once a day for a few weeks would definitely do wonders to your skin.