How To Use Hydrogen Peroxide For Blackheads?
Blackheads are one type of acne which is caused due to the oils that get clogged in your pores and gets oxidized. Due to this, your skin becomes blackish or brownish in color. There are many so called commercial products which are available in the market to remove these blackheads. But there are many home remedies to fight these blackheads. One of them is hydrogen peroxide.
How to use hydrogen peroxide to remove your blackheads?
Using hydrogen peroxide is a very simple process. Here it is:
- Start the process by washing your face wuth a cleanser. This will remove any excessive oil, bacteria and other impurities from the skin. After washing off the face, pat it dry with a towel.
- Now, exfoliate the areas of the skin which have been affected by the blackheads. For this, you can also use a homemade face scrub which is a paste made from sugar and water. This paste will be slightly abrasive in removing the blackheads surfaces which are oxidized. After this rinse the face thoroughly.
- Now you can use the hydrogen peroxide treatment.
- Take a moist cotton ball and add 3% hydrogen peroxide in it. Using the cotton ball gently dab the blackheads. But make sure that you avoid the hairline and eyebrows as the cotton ball will bleach your hair.
- While your skin is still damp moisturize it with the olive oil, avocado oil, or jojoba oil. Take 1 teaspoon of either of the above oils and massage with it on your face. These oils will act as an emollient and will smoother and protect your skin because of the moisture retained.
How does this work?
The hydrogen peroxide used will be dissolved into the blackheads and will completely eliminate them from your skin. You can also use hydrogen peroxide to remove the blackhead scars. For this, all you need to do is exfoliate the skin, and then using the cotton ball, rub the areas which are affected. For this use, a solution made up of equal parts of water and hydrogen peroxide. Leave the solution overnight and wash it completely in the morning. As the time passes, your skin will look clear and brighter.
- Always avoid over-exfoliating your skin. This will irritate your skin and remove more amount of stratum corneum than it should have. Stratum corneum is a layer of bonded dead skin cells which prevents the skin from losing any kind of moisture and also keeps the infections away.
- Instead of using hydrogen peroxide, you can also opt for lemon juice instead. This is also a great remedy for pimples and acne and it will also remove your scars.
- If you do not want to use sugar you can also use salt for exfoliating your skin. But remember that salt will make your skin dry.
- Whenever you use hydrogen peroxide always be careful that you do not put it anywhere near your eyes. It does get into your eye rinse it off immediately with water. Further, if you experience any more problems, contact your doctor immediately.