Vegetable Glycerin For Hair
Every women dream of a shiny and healthy hair. It can be very simple by using a vegetable glycerin. It is derived from plant seed oils and almost seen in many beauty products.
BENEFITS OF VEGETABLE GLYCERIN
- Vegetable glycerin acts as a great humectant. It traps the moisture from the environment into the hair.
- It is also used as a hair conditioner.
- Vegetable glycerin provides a cooling sensation to the skin.
- It also reduces itching and other problems in the scalp.
- Vegetable glycerin can be added to your shampoo. It moisturizes the hair and gives a bright look to the hair.
Here are few vegetable glycerin recipes for hair.
- Take 4 oz of distilled water in a spray bottle.
- To this add 2 tablespoons of vegetable glycerin, 1 1/2 teaspoon of raw honey, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 5 drops of lavender oil.
- Combine the contents thoroughly.
- After the shower, spray this to your hair.
- Now, style your hair as you wish.
Raw honey contains antioxidants. Hence, it maintains the healthy scalp and prevents the hair damage. Olive contains vitamins which moisturize the hair. It also treats many hair problems like dandruff, split ends etc. Lavender acts as an antiseptic. Hence it protects the scalp from infections.
- Take 3 oz of distilled water in a spray bottle.
- To this, add 1 tablespoon of vegetable glycerin, 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel and 10 drops of ylang-ylang oil.
- Close the bottle and agitate it well.
- Now, the detangler spray is set to use.
- Just spray it on your hair and brush it in your own way.
Aloe vera gel contains enzymes which protect the scalp. It gives smooth and shiny hair. Aloe vera gel is a good moisturizer. Ylang-ylang oil acts as a great stress reliever. Hence it reduces the hair fall due to stress.
LEAVE IN CONDITIONER
- Take 3 oz of coconut oil, 1 oz of aloe vera gel, 1 oz of vegetable glycerin and 1 tablespoon of castor oil in a blender.
- Blend it well to form a smooth mixture.
- Transfer the mixture to an amber bottle.
- Close the bottle properly and shake it well.
- Just apply on a wet hair and style with a comb.
- This leave-in conditioner gives a soft and shiny look to the hair.
Coconut oil is rich in essential fatty acids and vitamins which nourishes the scalp and protects the hair follicle. Castor oil has antifungal and antibacterial properties. It defends the scalp from infections.
- Take1/2cup of coconut milk in a clean bottle.
- To this, add 1/2 cup of vegetable glycerin, 3 drops of rosemary oil and 3 drops of lavender oil.
- Close the bottle and mix the contents thoroughly by shaking the bottle.
- Gently massage the mixture onto your scalp and hair.
- Let it stay for 5 minutes and then rinse off your hair with normal water.
- Your hair will stay nourished and moisturized for a long time.
Rosemary oil is used to protect the scalp and also treats dandruff. It also increases blood circulation and promotes hair growth.
- Take 1/4 cup of aloe vera gel into a clean bowl.
- To this, add 1/4 cup of vegetable glycerin.
- Combine the contents thoroughly to form a uniform mixture.
- Gently apply it to the cleaned hair.
- Leave it to stay for about 10-15 minutes.
- Wash off your hair with normal water.
- You can get a fantastic conditioned hair.